Prawns are perfect on a warm, summery evening. This dish is fresh and crisp yet the noodles fill you up – just what you want from a supper.
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 bunch of spring onions
200g of fresh bean sprouts
250g of cooked prawns (or raw if you prefer)
3 cloves of garlic
1 red chilli
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp of groundnut oil
100g egg noodles
1. Begin my cooking the noodles (as instructed on the packaging). Once drained, run cold water over them and then set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of groundnut oil and add the bean sprouts and the majority of spring onions. Cook until softened, at which point add in the noodles. Add a little extra oil if they need loosening.
3. Once the noodles are heated through remove them from the pan (or wok if you have one). Pop them onto a serving dish and wipe down the pan.
4. Return the pan to the heat and heat 1 tbsp of groundnut oil. Cook of the crushed garlic and chopped chilli for about a minute, take the pan off the heat and turn down the temperature if it browns too quickly.
5. Add the prawns and mix together. Add the light brown sugar and soy sauce. Allow the mixture to simmer lightly to heat the prawns through.
6. Put the prawn mixture on top of the noodles and sprinkle the remaining raw spring onions on top.
I have the leftover for my lunch tomorrow. I can’t wait to enjoy it in the sun.