This meal is quick, requires few ingredients and most importantly, hits the spot! I use wholemeal pasta to make me feel a little better about the oily dressing, fried pancetta and overdose of carbs! Plus, I can’t taste the difference so why not! I usually have all these ingredients in so it’s the ultimate easy, tasty dish!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
150g wholewheat pasta
4 tbsp olive oil
Juice of one lemon
60g grated parmesan
80g frozen petit pois
1. Cook the pasta as instructed on packaging
2. Add the pancetta to an oiled, hot pan and cook until crisp
3. Whilst the pasta and pancetta is cooking, combine the oil, lemon and parmesan
3. Add the peas into the boiling water with the pasta for length stated on the packaging.
4. Once everything is cooked, mix all together and taste, add more oil, lemon or parmesan to taste!